Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing 9: Collaboration Tools

I thought Google Docs was easier to use for the simple fact that it took awhile before I was able to figure out how to load the document into Zoho Writer for editing. I thought both Google and Zoho were easy to use once the document was ready for editing. In both programs I added the word "apes" any time the Declaration of Independence referred to people. The Google Docs changes that I made are viewable to others on the Internet, but the changes I made using Zoho Writer are only viewable under my login. Both programs are useful for sharing documents that you want someone to edit. At my elementary school, we have a shared network drive which provides editing capabilities similar to Zoho Writer and Google Docs. I place a document on the shared drive that I want all students to have access to; students all open up the same document, and I walk them through the changes that need to be made so that they learn how to edit.

No comments: