Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing 8: Share Your Photos


There is so much fancy technology for people to play around with images, words and sounds. I think online slideshows are useful if you have a variety of Powerpoint presentations that you would like to preserve. I would recommend this tool to teachers who give Powerpoint presentations. There are many fancy ways to present photos (see the montage of Yellowstone pictures that I made using Mosaic Maker), however, I would hesitate to recommend any of them for classroom use because they each require you to set up an account. A definite drawback to the 23 things on a stick is the number of new accounts (along with usernames and passwords) that are required in order to use the tools of the various websites. I think the online database can be a useful tool for librarians and teachers. An individual, or a class, can create an online database of useful information they want to catalog and share with the world. Efolio is an interesting new form of resume, although I am reluctant to share my resume with the whole world.

No comments: