Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing Twenty-one: Other Social Networks

Online social networks can be good if they focus on a group with similar interests. The social network can be a great place for the exchanging of ideas and information. That said, I think the 23 Things on a Stick Ning would have been better served to ask about favorite books than to ask about marital status.

I think WebJunction is a great social network for library media workers in Minnesota. I attended a WebJunction session at the MEMO conference in Brainerd and was intrigued by the webinars they offer free to members. I think as the online technology improves, WebJunction will be an invaluable site for librarians to learn and discuss new technology and trends.

1 comment:

NLLN 23 Things said...

I've also been interested in the use of WebJunction. Seems to be a great tool. I've wondered if MEMO listserv could be managed through WebJunction.

Many of the social networks seem to have the same purpose with some unique features, so for those already using a favorite network format the challenge is to convince people to move from what currently works to something new.

You are so close to being finished with the 23 things. Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your posts.